Annual ConferenceConnect with Community leaders, citizen diplomats and like-minded volunteers in the name of peace through people.
Whether you’re new to sister cities or are a seasoned participant, learn how cities are taking center stage on global issues this August at Sister Cities International’s 2018 Annual Conference and Youth Leadership Summit in Aurora, Colorado.
Conference Theme: Cities Leading the Way
August 2 – 4, 2018 | Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center
This year’s conference, Cities Leading the Way, will showcase how, in an era of unrest, cities across the globe are leading efforts to create smarter, healthier, more inclusive, and more innovative communities. Since its inception, the Sister Cities International network has played a key role in renewing and strengthening important global relationships via community-to-community projects and initiatives.
The conference consists of three full days of seminars and workshops on smart cities, sister city best practices, member networking, and more. The conference will also feature an exhibit hall; a city of Aurora Mayor’s Welcome Reception; an Opening Ceremony and Parade of Flags featuring city flags from over 160 partner cities around the world; the Lou Wozar Annual Awards Dinner to recognize this year’s annual awards winners; a VIP reception, and a number of enriching pre and post-conference tours to explore the Aurora/Denver area.
- Registration FeesRegister by May 31, 2018 to receive $100 off of your registration fees.
To see the full range of attendance options, please visit our registration website.
Conference Registration (Thursday – Saturday)
Young Professional: $425
- Conference AgendaCheck back here for an updated agenda for the 2018 Annual Conference.
- Youth Leadership SummitDo you know a future citizen diplomat? Learn more and register a student for our highly popular Youth Leadership Summit here.
- Donate a Flag
Include your community’s flag alongside 150 others during the Parade of Flags at the 2018 Annual Conference Opening Ceremony on Friday, August 3rd.
Learn more about flag specifications and shipping here.
- Annual AwardsThe Annual Awards Program highlights sister city program achievements and brings international recognition to each community’s contributions to the citizen diplomacy movement.
Learn more about our Annual Awards and download an application form here.
- 2017 HighlightsInterested in previous conferences? Check out our recap of the 2017 Annual Conference, Global Communities for World Peace, in Virginia Beach.
Exhibition and Sponsorship
Demonstrate your products and services in front of citizen diplomats and elected officials from all over the world. Our delegates are looking for new ways to partner with cities, private companies, and institutions as they look to strengthen their programs and cities while promoting peace through people.
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.