Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
No positions available at this time.
Sister Cities International is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) intern to assist the Membership Manager, Youth Programs in administering a grant from the Stevens Initiative funding virtual exchange for youth in the United States and the Palestinian Territories.
The grant involves several SCI members to execute 2 distinct projects for youth that are Deaf/Hard of Hearing and youth needing special education. The selected intern will help in a variety of projects focused on grant management and administration. Candidates must be organized individuals with a professional demeanor who can multitask and meet deadlines.
- Execute research projects in a thorough, diligent, and timely manner as directed by the program manager.
- Assist in designing and distributing surveys, interviews, and data collection.
- Attend relevant seminars and meetings in Washington, DC.
- Basic administrative and office work, including photocopying, data entry, filing expense reports, preparing invoices, and answering phone calls.
- Assist in preparing deliverables related to the grant including communications and reports.
- Arranging meetings and taking minutes as necessary
- Communicate with SCI sub-awardees regarding grant management and compliance
- Assist with other office work as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Current graduate student preferred
- Previous work experience required
- Knowledge of various RFP processes, grant management processes, and proposal development and writing preferred
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to conduct quality research and effectively report on findings
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
Interested individuals should submit a resume, and cover letter to email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately on a rolling basis. No calls please. EOE.
The intern will work directly with the Director of Development and Revenue Manager and assist with all logistics related to planning the 62nd Annual Conference (August 2018). Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- helping organize speakers for workshops,
- answering inquiries from conference registrants,
- monitoring and reporting status of conference registrations through online registration site CVENT,
- tracking hotel housing reports,
- researching potential vendors and facilities
- conducting follow-up emails and phone calls to VIP attendees
The intern will have the opportunity to interact with hotels, vendors, and event participants. This intern will also work closely with our Development and Communications Department regarding various PR and marketing matters. We are looking for an organized individual with a professional demeanor who can multitask and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently and in a team are necessary.
- Resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program
- MUST be competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office software; mail merging capabilities is plus
- Strong customer service skills – you will be interfacing on the phone and via email with our members and elected officials
- Basic graphic design skills preferred
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with their first and last name and the name of the internship in the subject line (ex: John Doe Conference). Weekly schedule as well as start/end dates are flexible. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
Become a State Representative
We are seeking dynamic and dedicated individuals to serve as State Representatives. Current vacancies can be found here. If you are interested in applying please review the State Representative Job Description and Application. Contact email@example.com for further information.