SCI Global Conversations
SCI Global Conversations is a new program series designed to connect our Sister City Communities with leading global experts and members of SCI’s Global Awareness Team.
“The Sister Cities Effect:
Bringing Communities Together”
Building bridges has been woven into the DNA of Sister Cities since its founding in 1956. Diversity and inclusion, two widely discussed topics in the post-COVID world, are byproducts of practically every SCI program. Cross-cultural programs have the ability of bringing countries, cultures, and people together in the spirit of friendship – nobody does it better than Sister Cities.
Please join our virtual Global Conversation moderated by Ron Nirenberg, mayor of San Antonio and immediate past Chair for SCI, along with a panel of regional experts who will:
- Highlight success stories of enriching city exchange programs
- Share creative ideas to thrive during the pandemic
- Give examples of how cities have created empathetic and globally-conscious citizens
- Communicate how SCI can build relationships regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or political party
- Bill Boerum, Chair Emeritus, Country Representative for the Russian Federation